Old June 29th 04, 09:27 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default National Rail affected by Tube Strike?

Spyke wrote:
I notice that Silverlink are being affected by the LUL strike, being
unable to call at Highbury & Islington station from 2300 tonight and
National Rail site is reporting that Chiltern may be affected
because their shared section is signalled by LUL.

Does anyone know if the LUL strike action is likely to affect any
of the other National Rail services that use LUL stations or share
LUL tracks? I'm particularly interested in Thameslink and Finsbury
Park-Moorgate as they're part of my Plan B for getting from
Waterloo to Old Street tomorrow.

Thameslink are providing buses tonight (and tomorrow night from 21:00)
between Kentish Town and Blackfriars because of engineering works in the
Kings Cross area. I don't know if they will run through central London
tomorrow, but note that Farringdon station is managed by LU.

WAGN say on their site that the strike "may have some effect on Wagn
services if the route between Finsbury Park and Moorgate has to close."
(No evidence currently, as no late evening services are scheduled.)
--
Richard J.