Old June 30th 04, 12:07 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Keith J Chesworth Keith J Chesworth is offline

Default National Rail affected by Tube Strike?

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 08:00:27 +0100, Martin Rich
wrote:

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 21:36:52 +0100, Spyke wrote:

Does anyone know if the LUL strike action is likely to affect any of the
other National Rail services that use LUL stations or share LUL tracks?
I'm particularly interested in Thameslink and Finsbury Park-Moorgate as
they're part of my Plan B for getting from Waterloo to Old Street
tomorrow.

At Moorgate during the evening peak there were notices suggesting that
national rail services would be running there during the strike. I've
certainly used Highbury and Islington on WAGN (again, the station is
managed by LU) in the past during a tube strike: I can't remember the
exact occasion but it sticks in my mind because I noticed a no 19 bus
that took exactly the same time from Highbury and Islington to Angel
that I did on foot

Martin

Bit late now :-(

I went in by Thameslink, they had doubled up the trains where possible
and introduced additional stops on the St A KX part of the Brighton
run.

Got to Farringdon and found a Metropolitan Train on the LUL line
Westbound.

So I promptly decamped for the Eastbound service and got one in a
couple of minutes.
(Had a job in EC3)

Went to Monument hoping for a District train in the light of the above
and found that they were not running, so had a nice walk across London
Bridge and hooked a Bedford train back since all other possible work
was on the other side of London.

Now sat looking at a crashed company computer and near 3 weeks
inputting since IBM support are not quite up to speed with Win98
machines running DOS systems...ho humm
Near to the point of breaking the rules and dropping their HDD into
one of my own machines and doing the job myself

Keith J Chesworth

www.unseenlondon.co.uk
www.blackpooltram.co.uk
www.happysnapper.com