Old July 2nd 04, 09:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default Spot the mistakes

"Dave Arquati" wrote in message

http://www.richmondandtwickenhamtime..._crossrail.php
Stop dithering and give Kingston Crossrail

Cllr Bamford said: "Crossrail is vital to
Kingston's future. We are currently the
second biggest retail centre in London,

How do they figure that one? Surely they are behind the West End and
Croydon, and I would have thought they were behind Romford and Harrow as
well.

Kingston's Town Centre Manager Graham McNally
said: "We have brilliant bus services but compared
with other towns of a similar size such as Croydon,
the number of trains and carrying capacity is well down.

The difference is that Croydon has light and heavy railways coming from all
directions, mostly from places with limited shopping opportunities.
Crossrail won't give Kingston this, so it won't do anything for retail in
Kingston, any more than the Piccadilly Line does anything for retail in
Cockfosters. However, it will increase the number of drunks who accidentally
end up in Kingston late at night.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped