Old July 3rd 04, 10:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Alastair Holmes Alastair Holmes is offline

Default Uxbridge Branch 100th Birthday

On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 20:30:10 +0000 (UTC), TheOneKEA
wrote:

And Sarah is gone from the Met - I think she was transferred to Quainton
Road via roadway. Besides, the Met earthworks are too weak for a loco
capable of dragging a rake of compartment stock, and not only are there
no runaround loops to put the loco the right-way around on the end of
the train at Amersham, but the HSE would probably have a ragbaby.

Brad

When did it move to Quainton Road? I thought it was still on the Met
somewhere.

They managed run-rounds easily enough at Amersham in 1982 when Sarah
Siddons did a few tours. Uxbridge station was the problem - it ran to
Uxbridge sidings instead, with passengers, to perform the runround
instead.

Al Holmes