Old July 5th 04, 07:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Leicester Square Station

Paul Corfield wrote:
On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 19:58:33 GMT, "DJ"
wrote:

The current refurbishment of Leicester Square station has
completely transformed it - the station is now much more pleasant
and can only help in improving the Underground's image. Was this
refurbishment triggered by LUL or by the Infraco? If the latter,
is this the type of station modernisation that all stations are
due to receive within the next few years?

I hate to tell you this but it isn't a refurbishment.

snip

As for the platforms and ticket hall then that has to wait. There
is a proposal to enlarge the ticket hall and entrances at Leicester
Square but that will be a major scheme and depends on whether Uncle
Ken gets a wodge of cash from lovely old Gordon. I'm not sure when
the PPP specified refurb is due for Leicester Square.

According to TubeFuture on the LU website, Tube Lines say they will have
"modernised" the station, including the escalators, by 2006.
--
Richard J.