Old July 24th 03, 06:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Jon Jon is offline

Default Revenue protection

I think if a Westminster Community Warden asked me to show him/her/it a
ticket for my journey, they would be told (in no uncertain terms) where to
get off.

Only certain groups of people are allowed to inspect your travel ticket, and
a Westminster Community Warden isn't one of them

"Gooner" wrote in message
British Transport Police and Westminster Community Wardens are
supporting TfL Revenue Protection Officers (jumpers to you and I) in
Lower Regent Street this morning.

They're getting on buses en-masse as they pause in traffic or at the
bus stops and ticketing evaders. I don't think that they're targetting
the 453 in particular, but it'd be interesting to see what their stats
are for OPO vs crew vs 453.