Old July 23rd 03, 01:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Revenue protection

British Transport Police and Westminster Community Wardens are
supporting TfL Revenue Protection Officers (jumpers to you and I) in
Lower Regent Street this morning.

They're getting on buses en-masse as they pause in traffic or at the
bus stops and ticketing evaders. I don't think that they're targetting
the 453 in particular, but it'd be interesting to see what their stats
are for OPO vs crew vs 453.

Old July 23rd 03, 04:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
CJG CJG is offline

In message , Gooner
writes
British Transport Police and Westminster Community Wardens are
supporting TfL Revenue Protection Officers (jumpers to you and I) in
Lower Regent Street this morning.

They're getting on buses en-masse as they pause in traffic or at the
bus stops and ticketing evaders. I don't think that they're targetting
the 453 in particular, but it'd be interesting to see what their stats
are for OPO vs crew vs 453.

This happened in Harrow Town Centre a few weeks ago. However the police
seemed amazed that having loads of police around led to no crimes being
committed.
--
CJG
Old July 23rd 03, 11:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 17:48:31 +0100, CJG
wrote:

In message , Gooner
writes
British Transport Police and Westminster Community Wardens are
supporting TfL Revenue Protection Officers (jumpers to you and I) in
Lower Regent Street this morning.

They're getting on buses en-masse as they pause in traffic or at the
bus stops and ticketing evaders. I don't think that they're targetting
the 453 in particular, but it'd be interesting to see what their stats
are for OPO vs crew vs 453.

This happened in Harrow Town Centre a few weeks ago. However the police
seemed amazed that having loads of police around led to no crimes being
committed.

Ah, you've probably not seen what has happened on these operations.

Frequently, people pulled off for fare evasion tend to be of interest
to police for other reasons (warrants outstanding, firearms, drugs,
bent gear).

See stuff on the TOCU for more info...

Rob.
--
rob at robertwoolley dot co dot uk
Old July 24th 03, 09:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Steve Naïve writes
See stuff on the TOCU for more info...

TOCU? (train operating companies ...???)

Possibly 'Transport Operational Command Unit', a collaboration between
TfL and the Met Police.

There will probably be some info about it on one or more of the
following;
www.tfl.gov.uk
www.met.police.uk
www.mpa.gov.uk

--
Dave
Old July 24th 03, 06:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Jon Jon is offline

I think if a Westminster Community Warden asked me to show him/her/it a
ticket for my journey, they would be told (in no uncertain terms) where to
get off.

Only certain groups of people are allowed to inspect your travel ticket, and
a Westminster Community Warden isn't one of them