Old July 9th 04, 12:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Spyke Spyke is offline

Default Decks vs hinges

In message , John Rowland
writes
"Marc Brett" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 17:49:53 +0100, Tom Anderson
wrote:

Why are bendy-buses not double-decker?

Because the passengers on the top deck
would get barbequed every other month?

You couldn't have a continuous floor upstairs, but I don't see why the front
half and the back half couldn't have self-contained upstairs sections.

I presume that the simple answer is that double-deckers are big,
lumbering and difficult to manoeuvre, bendy-buses are long, bendy and
difficult to manoeuvre, so combining the two would be a recipe for
trouble.
--
Spyke
Address is valid, but messages are treated as junk. The opinions I express do