Old July 12th 04, 11:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Annabel Smyth Annabel Smyth is offline

Default Slightly off-topic question

I know this should properly be asked in UK Railway, but I am not
currently subscribed to that group, and I know quite well that there are
people here who could answer my question!

At the weekend, I visited the Severn Valley Railway station at Bewdley,
and stayed to watch a couple of trains go past. Since our last visit,
the SVR now puts notices on their rolling stock explaining what the
carriages are, and when they were built. Some are pretty obvious, like
"1934 3rd class open" or "3rd class corridor", but what, please, is a
"corridor brake composite"?
--
Annabel Smyth
Website updated 6 June 2004