Old July 12th 04, 01:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Annabel Smyth Annabel Smyth is offline

Default Slightly off-topic question

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 at 12:35:45, coopsweb wrote:

"1934 3rd class open" or "3rd class corridor", but what, please, is a
"corridor brake composite"?
--

Nice and easy - all you do is break down the words in the names of the
coach:

Corridor - It's got a corridor/compartments in it. (as opposed to an 'Open'
carriage - where you've just got seats without any compartments)

Brake - It's got a guards brake compartment (i.e a compartment where the
guard can apply the brake from?)

Composite - The coach is made up of different classes of travel facilities.
(1st class/2nd class in the same carriage).

Hope this helps.

Yes, thanks! I knew "Corridor" and "Brake" is fairly self-explanatory,
but it was "composite" that floored me.... Thanks.
--
Annabel Smyth
Website updated 6 June 2004