Old July 15th 04, 06:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Maps of London on the internet

John Rowland wrote:
Hi all,

Does anyone suspect which of the various street maps of *Greater*
London which can be found on the internet is the newest? (I would
include the TfL journey planner as one candidate, because if one
asks for a walking route between two points close together, one
gets a very detailed map.)

Both Streetmap and Multimap have maps that say (C) Collins Bartholemew
2003. However, the Multimap one is more up to date, at least for
Chiswick. Compare the roundabout at the eastern end of Edensor Road;
look for Corney Reach Way east of the roundabout, and Chiswick Pier on
the river. Streetmap is out of date here, though its aerial photos are
OK.

The .pdf maps in the TfL Journey Planner are out of date for this area.
The JP doesn't even recognise Corney Reach Way as a road.

MapQuest ( http://www.mapquest.com/maps/main.adp?countrycode=GB ) has
maps with a date of 2004, and show Corney Reach Way correctly, but not
the Pier (but then it isn't a road).

--
Richard J.