Old July 21st 04, 08:14 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
M J Forbes M J Forbes is offline

Default Can Someone Please Explain this picture?

"Joe" wrote in message
http://www.railfaneurope.net/pix/gb/...-Metrolink.jpg

From the title I presume it is about a Metrolink somewhere (Manchester?)

IIRC, one of the original P86 units (illustrated) was sent to Manchester to
demonstrate an example of a light rail system. Whether this bit of track
ever formed part of what is now Metrolink, or it was purely a test track
which has since been removed or mothballed, I don't know.

Hope this helps