Old July 21st 04, 09:25 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default Can Someone Please Explain this picture?

"Bevan Price" wrote in message
"M J Forbes" wrote in message

news
"Joe" wrote in message

http://www.railfaneurope.net/pix/gb/...-Metrolink.jpg

IIRC, one of the original P86 units (illustrated) was sent
to Manchester to demonstrate an example of a light rail system.

It ran on a part of the (now closed) line between Fairfield and
Chorlton Cum Hardy, which was electrified as far as Reddish
loco depot (where the 76's and 77's were once allocated).

[That's on the south side of Manchester.]

I believe it was also in Heaton Park on the north side of Manchester for a
while. I think it was just running around in a circle in the park.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped