Old August 9th 04, 02:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default CrossRail and City Airport

James wrote:
Dave Arquati wrote in message ...

Alex Terrell wrote:

I received the new CrossRail consultation document today. Apparantly
Silvertown and North Woolwich stations are to be closed, and Customs
House station, serving the Excel conference centre, will be enhanced.

Is this an opportunity to provide a rail shuttle service between
Customs House and City Airport? This would be a big improvement over
the current arrangements for accessing City airport, and would also
benefit the conference centre (like the Birmingham Airport / NEC /
Rail Station complex.

Ideally, the shuttle would be small traqins running every 5 minutes of
so.

AKA Docklands Light Railway extension from Canning Town to London City
Airport. Frequency will be every 12 mins initially then every 6 mins
once demand increases. Once the further extension to Woolwich opens,
frequency might increase to 4 mins.

Where are DLR planning to run them to at the other end. Crossharbour?
Bank? Tower Gateway? Stratford International?

Once the full extension to Woolwich opens, peak frequency will be 5tph
Woolwich to Canning Town (and possibly up to Stratford Intl if that goes
ahead), 5tph to Lewisham via Canary Wharf and 5tph to Bank.

I'm not sure what the plan is before Woolwich. Could be 5tph to Canary
Wharf supplemented with 5tph to Bank once demand is up, but I'm just
guessing. I might email DLR and find out.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7