Old August 16th 04, 11:37 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.railway,uk.transport.london
SJCWHUK SJCWHUK is offline

Default LU driver's managers told him to stop assisting stab victim

Snow clearing is where your actions can result in an injury. That's
different to giving assistance to a person in need.

Although strictly speaking if someone helps another and makes things worse
they could be sued for it. I am not aware of a single case where this has
happened where the 'help' was given in the belief that what they was doing
was the right thing.

I also cant believe that a court in the UK would allow such a case to be
won.

Any law students out there beg to differ? :-)))

Steve

"Jack Taylor" wrote in message

"Fearty" wrote in message

I did a law unit at college last year and this subject came up with our
lecturer giving the example of a road crash saying that I would be under
no obligation to help the injured person but if I did help them and made
their situation worse i.e paralysed them, then they would be perfectly
entitled to sue me even though I was only genuinely just trying to help.

Yes, that's exactly the same situation as reared its head with regard to
snow clearing, back in the 1970s. If it snows and you leave your front

path
untouched and someone falls down they have no claim, if you've cleared it
and they slip over then you're liable. So much for trying to do a good

turn!