Old August 29th 04, 10:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Weaver Paul Weaver is offline

Default Penalty fares

I'm still not sure about what a penalty fare is for. If I arrive at a
station and am too late to queue behind a hoard of uk.rers looking up 17
different combinations of CDR's to save 50p over a saver, but have to get
that train, can I jump on and choose to pay a penalty fare at the other end?
Or would I be done for fare evading?

Everything above is the personal opinion of the author, and nothing to do
with where he works and all that lovely disclaimery stuff.
Posted in his lunch hour too.