Old September 1st 04, 08:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Bus driver complaint and OYBike

Paul Weaver wrote:
Riding my rather groovy OYbike (details to follow) up wood lane at
18:20 this evening, passed dozens of cars, vans, lorries, no
problem, then, just south of TVC, a double decker bus was blocking
the lane.

A mandatory cycle-only lane, according to a later post of yours.

I peers arround the right but there was no way I was
going to chance riding on the outside of the traffic facing those
vehicles.

Facing what vehicles? Isn't Wood Lane a two-way road? So if the bus is
parked across the cycle lane, isn't there still room between it and the
centre line?

Had to get off and walk past the bus on the pavement. The
bus was a 220, W reg, possibly W9#XXX. When confronted his response
was "**** you".

What does "when confronted" mean? I assume you didn't enquire politely
why he was parked in the cycle lane, for which he might have had a
plausible excuse (e.g. breakdown). What exactly did you say?

Who can I complain to to ensure he loses his job,
or at the bery least is forced to ride a bike for 50 miles arround
London.

So you want to sack someone who returned your rudeness just because you
had to walk past a bus on the pavement. Grow up.

--
Richard J.