Old September 1st 04, 08:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling

Default Bus driver complaint and OYBike

Paul Weaver wrote:
Riding my rather groovy OYbike (details to follow) up wood lane at
18:20 this evening, passed dozens of cars, vans, lorries, no
problem, then, just south of TVC, a double decker bus was blocking
the lane.

A mandatory cycle-only lane, according to a later post of yours.

I peers arround the right but there was no way I was
going to chance riding on the outside of the traffic facing those
vehicles.

Facing what vehicles? Isn't Wood Lane a two-way road? So if the bus is
parked across the cycle lane, isn't there still room between it and the
centre line?

Had to get off and walk past the bus on the pavement. The
bus was a 220, W reg, possibly W9#XXX. When confronted his response
was "**** you".

What does "when confronted" mean? I assume you didn't enquire politely
why he was parked in the cycle lane, for which he might have had a
plausible excuse (e.g. breakdown). What exactly did you say?

Who can I complain to to ensure he loses his job,
or at the bery least is forced to ride a bike for 50 miles arround
London.

So you want to sack someone who returned your rudeness just because you
had to walk past a bus on the pavement. Grow up.

--
Richard J.

Old September 1st 04, 09:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling

Richard J. wrote:
So you want to sack someone who returned your rudeness just because you
had to walk past a bus on the pavement. Grow up.

If I spoke in that manner to a potential customer then I would expect to
be sacked. Why should bus drivers be any difference.

Anyway, if a professional driver takes a motor vehicle into a mandatory
cycle lane that sounds like gross incompetence to me. In any job I
would expect employees to get at the very least a written warning after
demonstrating gross incompetence.

URL:http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/danny/
Old September 8th 04, 11:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling

"Danny Colyer" wrote in message
Anyway, if a professional driver

Regrettably, IME "professional" and "bus driver" quite often don't go
together.

Oyster Complaint John[_3_] London Transport 1 March 9th 09 05:12 PM
Taxi complaint - how do I make one? David FitzGerald London Transport 34 September 15th 04 06:50 AM
Taxi complaint - how do I make one? [email protected] London Transport 0 September 11th 04 04:45 PM
OYbike Paul Weaver London Transport 2 June 29th 04 06:32 PM
Bus driver training? Redonda London Transport 19 February 22nd 04 04:54 PM