Old September 7th 04, 11:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Letters at bus stops

Jonn Elledge wrote:
Our local stops have recently received letters. Those round the
Bricklayer's Arms roundabout have two letter codes beginning "B"
(BC, BQ etc); further down the Old Kent Road, the prefix is "E" for
stops towards New Cross and "W" for those heading into town. I'm
assuming this is for East and West.

These codes currently serve no function whatsoever - the area isn't
spider-mapped, and there isn't even a "where to catch your bus"
poster. Does the appearance of these letters mean that maps like
these are likely to appear soon, or could there be another reason?

The TfL Journey Planner mentions the bus stop letters in its detailed
directions. (e.g. journey from Bricklayers Arms to Commercial Way / Old
Kent Road)
--
Richard J.