Old September 10th 04, 06:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling
Paul Weaver Paul Weaver is offline

Default Bus driver complaint and OYBike

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote in message
On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 19:34:08 +0100, "Ian F."
wrote in message :

I'm not claiming it *is* clever. It's just my daft little protest against
people using our roads who don't pay for them! ;-)

Ah, so you haven't heard that cyclists have above-average income, are
more likely to own a house, a car and any other measure of material
wealth except a satellite dish (and that's probably changed now the
Tour is on ITV2). In other words, cyclists probably pay more tax than
you do. And then leave the car at home - smart people!

I'm getting a feeling of deja-vu

I do drive my vehicle correctly. And I'm not tense, or stressed, or prone

flagellatory flights of fancy. I just hate cyclists and the way they
(present company excepted) reckon they own the road - riding on the
pavement, jumping red lights, yelling abuse at elderly people and so on.

Ah, so you are going to break your word and drive incorrectly (i.e.
illegally) based on the behaviour of a small group of cyclists who,
incidentally, are every bit as unpopular with us cyclists as they are
with cagers.

I wouldn't classify them as a small group, especially in London.

Do you not think that the best way to make the roads a better place is
to set a good example, rather than try and out-idiot the idiots?

Ahh, sense.