Old July 30th 03, 06:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin May Robin May is offline

Default Ticketless Buses Zone 1?

(Mait001) wrote the following in:

But why should others be inconvenienced by your decision to buy
your ticket on the bus when it would not cause you any
inconvenience if they were to get on while you were paying?

Because I have stood in a queue and am entitled to maintain that
same position as I enter the bus. If, as is often the case, only
limited seating is available, I, and not someone behind me, is
entitled to choose which seat I have before the person
queue-jumping.

To say that I have "inconvenienced" someone by not having prepaid
my ticket is simply ludicrous.

If you demand that they wait until you do pay for it then no, it isn't
ludicrous. You are holding up everyone on the bus by slowing boarding
times and you are increasing the time it takes for those waiting to
board to get on the bus, simply because you want to pick your seat.

--
message by Robin May, founder of International Boyism
"Would Inspector Sands please go to the Operations Room immediately."

Unofficially immune to hangovers.