Old July 30th 03, 03:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Ticketless Buses Zone 1?

But why should others be inconvenienced by your decision to buy your
ticket on the bus when it would not cause you any inconvenience if they
were to get on while you were paying?

Because I have stood in a queue and am entitled to maintain that same position
as I enter the bus. If, as is often the case, only limited seating is
available, I, and not someone behind me, is entitled to choose which seat I
have before the person queue-jumping.

To say that I have "inconvenienced" someone by not having prepaid my ticket is
simply ludicrous.

Marc.

Old July 30th 03, 06:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

To say that I have "inconvenienced" someone by not having prepaid
my ticket is simply ludicrous.

If you demand that they wait until you do pay for it then no, it isn't
ludicrous. You are holding up everyone on the bus by slowing boarding
times and you are increasing the time it takes for those waiting to
board to get on the bus, simply because you want to pick your seat.

Why don't we just revert to the law of the jungle? If we all climbed over each
other (including those trying to get off) I'm sure boarding time would be
improved even further.

And while we're at it, why not remove the windows and emergency door. so we can
climb on and off through those too?

If you demand that they wait until you do pay for it

Me handing over 70 pence takes less than a second. What takes the time is the
driver tapping the ticket machine and the time (alebit only a second or two) to
print the ticket.

Having paid for my ticket (and real money, not a free pass, privilege ticket or
whatever, thus adding to the operator's income) I am entitled to pick whatever
seat is available, without someone behind me barding past.

Nothing you, or anyone else, says alters this fact.

Marc.