Old September 26th 04, 08:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london
redtube redtube is offline

Default Preserved LU loco on "The Tube"

It is L11. This has been raised a number of times by various ppl. It is
owned by Craven Heritage Trains Ltd.(CHTL) and is between the car park and
the old signal box at Epping approach.

Last time I was up there I noticed several large rectangular type
containers, the sort you often see used as portable offices, at the far end
of the car park which rather blocks the view now of L11 somewhat, certainly
from the station itself it does.

As for L11 it seemed the volunteers started some kind of remedial work on
the loco and it now sports several shades of battleship grey, dark red and
that awful yellow, in fact a real mixture. Seems to have stayed like this
most of the summer and now late Autumn without any significant change.

http://www.simon5596.supanet.com/L11.htm but the site seems very slow
regards, Redtube
See you at the London Tube Chat
http://way.to/tube or Undernet IRC