Old September 29th 04, 02:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dr Ivan D. Reid Dr Ivan D. Reid is offline

Default The Strange Case Of The Disappearing Carmichael Close

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 10:49:43 +0100,
John Rowland
wrote in :

I just bought the 2004 edition of "A-Z Master Atlas Of Greater London", and
noticed that Carmichael Close (off Bridgewater Rd, Ruislip Gardens) has
disappeared from the map and from the index. Since I walked down it a few
months ago, I wonder what's happened. It's in my previous edition of the
same atlas, which is a few years old. I know that A-Z put deliberate errors
in their maps to catch out map copiers, such as the never-existed Ramsay
Place in Harrow, but if this is deliberate it's a bit unfair on the
residents of Carmichael Close. Maybe a cartographer's ex lives there? Maybe
it got omitted when they went to computerised cartography?

Don't worry, it still exists in the alternate universe of
www.streetmap.co.uk [(C) Collins Bartholomew 2003] !

--
Ivan Reid, Electronic & Computer Engineering, ___ CMS Collaboration,
Brunel University. Room 40-1-B12, CERN