Old October 12th 04, 10:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling
Annabel Smyth Annabel Smyth is offline

Default Bus driver complaint and OYBike

Tony Raven wrote to uk.transport.london on Mon, 11 Oct 2004:

Annabel Smyth wrote:
I dare say - when you step into the road and have to leap back on to
the
pavement to avoid being run down, you consider it "nearly". At least, I
do..... Had I been another inch further into the road, we would have
collided.

Did you look before you stepped into the road or did you make the
common pedestrian mistake of believing because you cannot hear a
motor there is no traffic. Would you have stepped out in the same way
if a car had been approaching at the same speed?

Normally, when a pelican crossing is on a pedestrian cycle, the traffic
stops to allow pedestrians to cross the road. The cars had stopped, the
"little green man" was green, and the audible indicator was beeping.
Cyclist came up inside a bus, where he couldn't be seen, and zoomed
straight past, utterly ignoring the three facts mentioned above.
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/