Old October 11th 04, 06:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling

Default Bus driver complaint and OYBike

Annabel Smyth wrote:

I dare say - when you step into the road and have to leap back on to the
pavement to avoid being run down, you consider it "nearly". At least, I
do..... Had I been another inch further into the road, we would have
collided.

Did you look before you stepped into the road or did you make the common
pedestrian mistake of believing because you cannot hear a motor there is
no traffic. Would you have stepped out in the same way if a car had
been approaching at the same speed?

Tony

Old October 11th 04, 08:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling

"David Martin" wrote in message
On 11/10/04 12:12 am, in article , "Nick
Cooper" wrote:

Indeed. Whinging cyclists should be aware that not all of their
bretheren are white-clad angels-on-wheels.

They are no more my brethren than they are yours. In the same way that
uk.r.c regard most bus drivers as good, well trained and competent
professionals who it is a pleasure to share the road with.

????
Where do you live?

Old October 11th 04, 08:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling

Tony Raven wrote:
Annabel Smyth wrote:

I dare say - when you step into the road and have to leap back on
to the pavement to avoid being run down, you consider it "nearly".
At least, I do..... Had I been another inch further into the road,
we would have collided.

Did you look before you stepped into the road or did you make the
common pedestrian mistake of believing because you cannot hear a
motor there is no traffic.

Why are you so reluctant to acknowledge the cause of this dangerous
incident? The cyclist (or POB if you prefer) rode through a red light.
Are you trying to condone that?

--
Richard J.

Old October 11th 04, 10:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling

Richard J. wrote:

Why are you so reluctant to acknowledge the cause of this dangerous
incident? The cyclist (or POB if you prefer) rode through a red light.
Are you trying to condone that?

If you bothered to read my other posts in this thread you would already
know that I do not condone red light jumping by cyclists (or
motorcyclists, motorists, taxis or buses for that matter)

Tony

Old October 12th 04, 09:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling

David Martin wrote:

Dundee. It's the one in fifty who are complete ******* who tend to
impinge more on your memory.

The bus drivers around here are, in the vast majority of cases, very
good and pleasant to share the road with. There are always some
exceptions.

Around here - London Town Devine - approximately 50% of them appear to be
terminal menks. Most notably he

where they seem to regard the observance of red lights and box junctions as
optional. Moreover, Uncle Ken and his Kohorts have now introduced
Bendy-Buses on two routes which occupy some, or more, of my commute. They
have big signs on the back saying "this vehicle is 18m long", a fact of
which many of the drivers appear to be ignorant. Gagh!

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

Old October 12th 04, 10:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling

David Martin wrote to uk.transport.london on Tue, 12 Oct 2004:

The bus drivers around here are, in the vast majority of cases, very good
and pleasant to share the road with. There are always some exceptions.

From a pedestrian's point of view, even in London it is those bus
drivers who see you running for the bus and deliberately pull away or
slam the door in your face who are remembered; the many more who wait
for you - and I saw one extremely nice driver wait for a young woman who
had to run for quite a distance two days ago - are soon forgotten.
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/

Old October 12th 04, 10:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling

Tony Raven wrote to uk.transport.london on Mon, 11 Oct 2004:

Annabel Smyth wrote:
I dare say - when you step into the road and have to leap back on to
the
pavement to avoid being run down, you consider it "nearly". At least, I
do..... Had I been another inch further into the road, we would have
collided.

Did you look before you stepped into the road or did you make the
common pedestrian mistake of believing because you cannot hear a
motor there is no traffic. Would you have stepped out in the same way
if a car had been approaching at the same speed?

Normally, when a pelican crossing is on a pedestrian cycle, the traffic
stops to allow pedestrians to cross the road. The cars had stopped, the
"little green man" was green, and the audible indicator was beeping.
Cyclist came up inside a bus, where he couldn't be seen, and zoomed
straight past, utterly ignoring the three facts mentioned above.
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/
Website updated 26 September 2004

Oyster Complaint John[_3_] London Transport 1 March 9th 09 05:12 PM
Taxi complaint - how do I make one? David FitzGerald London Transport 34 September 15th 04 06:50 AM
Taxi complaint - how do I make one? [email protected] London Transport 0 September 11th 04 04:45 PM
OYbike Paul Weaver London Transport 2 June 29th 04 06:32 PM
Bus driver training? Redonda London Transport 19 February 22nd 04 04:54 PM