Old August 1st 03, 08:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london
spammy spammy is offline

Default oyster reloading

"Matthew P Jones" wrote in message

I don't think you have to make a special journey to a station to load
your card. Just do it on the Internet, it then asks you to pick a
station you wish to load your ticket at. I assume that as you pass
through this station on your normal travels, it tops up your card with
the new ticket - at least I hope it does because I have just bought
another monthly ticket and hope it gets loaded at Amersham! I did not
see any mention of loading a card from a bus, I don't suppose the system
would know which bus you would use so can't pre warn it.

but thats the thing - suppose you dont know when you want your next ticket
to start - or even where youll be when you do so? what do you do? even if
you give three days notice, you wouldnt be able to use the bus to get to the
reloading station in the first place....