Old July 31st 03, 04:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default oyster reloading

hey all.

one thing i was expecting was to be able to renew my monthly when i wanted -
on a monday if it finished on a friday when i didnt need it for the weekend,
for example - without having to walk to the underground station to do so. im
now reading that i will still have to go to LU stations to "load" my card
when renewing. not only that, but i would have to buy the card 3 days before
i intend on using it.

three questions:

1) is it possible to buy a monthly pass the morning i wish to use it?
whether it expired the day before or even x number of days before?

2) is it possible to load new "cards" on to the oyster via buses?

3) in normal usage (ie if i buy a TC 3 days before) will the card be loaded
before it is due to start (hence it being available to use on the buses the
day it /is/ due to start)?

thanks

spammy.

Old August 1st 03, 08:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Matthew P Jones" wrote in message

I don't think you have to make a special journey to a station to load
your card. Just do it on the Internet, it then asks you to pick a
station you wish to load your ticket at. I assume that as you pass
through this station on your normal travels, it tops up your card with
the new ticket - at least I hope it does because I have just bought
another monthly ticket and hope it gets loaded at Amersham! I did not
see any mention of loading a card from a bus, I don't suppose the system
would know which bus you would use so can't pre warn it.

but thats the thing - suppose you dont know when you want your next ticket
to start - or even where youll be when you do so? what do you do? even if
you give three days notice, you wouldnt be able to use the bus to get to the
reloading station in the first place....

Old August 1st 03, 09:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Matthew P Jones wrote:

your card. Just do it on the Internet, it then asks you to pick a
station you wish to load your ticket at. I assume that as you pass
through this station on your normal travels, it tops up your card with
the new ticket - at least I hope it does because I have just bought
another monthly ticket and hope it gets loaded at Amersham! I did not

Yes it does - I did it two days ago.

(I don't like the having to tell it which station you want to load it at
part of things, seems a little clumsy.)