Old October 28th 04, 11:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Terry Paul Terry is offline

Default Crossing of the Victoria and Piccadilly lines north of Finsbury Park

In message , Richard J.
writes

Paul Terry wrote:

http://www.londontransport.co.uk/tfl.../marketone.pdf

... it is not wonderfully detailed, but it does show that crossing
point south of Green Lanes.

But is that just luck? The map is wrong in other areas, for example the
Jubilee Line between Baker Street and Bond Street, or DLR at Bank.

"Not wonderfully detailed" was not the best description - it would be
fairer to say that there are quite a few approximations! I don't think
there is anything much better to be found on the WWW, though.

I haven't yet found a fully accurate map. The nearest I have is an old
(1956) Bartholemew's Central London Atlas-Guide, but of course that's
now very out of date. The .pdf street maps in the TfL Journey Planner
also appear to be quite accurate, though it can be tricky to get it to
display the one you want.

Unless I'm looking at the wrong ones, they don't show tube-line routes.

I have never seen one which shows the two sharp double-bends on the
Piccadilly Line east of South Kensington.

My 1948 Bartholomew's Greater London Reference Atlas shows it very
clearly at 4" to the mile - but I see that tube lines are not shown in
the 1961 edition of the same atlas.

--
Paul Terry