Old November 22nd 04, 07:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve Steve is offline

Default A big Thank You to Ken Livingstone

I would like to congratulate Ken on bringing in Oystercard Prepay, not only
do I get my bus journeys to work for only 70p
a time, but I also get about one 1 in 3 as free journeys due to the reader
on the bus as you enter by the driver being out
of order.

What I would like to ask any of you erstwhile readers is, what would hapeen
if an inspector got on and my card showed that I hadn't made a transaction
to pay for that journey? Would I be expected to pay in cash (no doubt at
full rate of £1) and if I didn't have the money, then surely I should be
able to travel for free, besides, ghaving my card with me is intention to
pay and it's not my fault that the reader is broken.