Old November 26th 04, 10:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london
JB JB is offline

Default Tube staff are given 52 days holiday

"Greg Hennessy" wrote in message

Oh really, they cant be 'forced' to promote one or give decent payrises
either, or be flexible w.r.t working practices either.

So you're advocating that all health and safety laws, all working time laws,
all terms and conditions of employment should be quietly allowed to die just
in case it stops them from getting a promotion? Hmm....send the children
back down the mines, hu?

Inform them that you are opting back in.

If they try to sack you, pass you over for promotion, or suffer any other
unmerited discrimination you can take them to the cleaners at a tribunal.

That only works with wimmin & public sector wasters.

If that is true it's more and more important that the EU makes it compulsory
and stops this opt out idea. Write to your Euro MP with details of these
abuses immediately!

There again we are talking members of an organisation who threatened to
walk out when a well connected class warrior was fired after being found
drunk behind the wheel of a crashed LU van full of nicked copper.

Not surprisingly 'management' caved in as they always do.

There again, its to be expected in an organisation of time serving
incompetents which takes 12-18 months to bring staff back from paid
maternity leave, all because they allegedly don't have 'the resources' to
process the relevant paperwork.

Of course, if you had a union to back your corner your employer wouldn't
try
this on in the first place.

When you beam back in from the 1970s tell me.

Sounds to me like we're happy enough in the noughts! Maybe nothing ever
changes, hu?