Old November 25th 04, 11:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Tube staff are given 52 days holiday

Jesus Sir Ben.....You employed in the Palace then...?

Old November 26th 04, 10:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london
JB JB is offline

"Greg Hennessy" wrote in message

Oh really, they cant be 'forced' to promote one or give decent payrises
either, or be flexible w.r.t working practices either.

So you're advocating that all health and safety laws, all working time laws,
all terms and conditions of employment should be quietly allowed to die just
in case it stops them from getting a promotion? Hmm....send the children
back down the mines, hu?

Inform them that you are opting back in.

If they try to sack you, pass you over for promotion, or suffer any other
unmerited discrimination you can take them to the cleaners at a tribunal.

That only works with wimmin & public sector wasters.

If that is true it's more and more important that the EU makes it compulsory
and stops this opt out idea. Write to your Euro MP with details of these
abuses immediately!

There again we are talking members of an organisation who threatened to
walk out when a well connected class warrior was fired after being found
drunk behind the wheel of a crashed LU van full of nicked copper.

Not surprisingly 'management' caved in as they always do.

There again, its to be expected in an organisation of time serving
incompetents which takes 12-18 months to bring staff back from paid
maternity leave, all because they allegedly don't have 'the resources' to
process the relevant paperwork.

Of course, if you had a union to back your corner your employer wouldn't
try
this on in the first place.

When you beam back in from the 1970s tell me.

Sounds to me like we're happy enough in the noughts! Maybe nothing ever
changes, hu?

Old November 26th 04, 11:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Malcolm & Nika" wrote in message ...
Oh dear...you have a problem. And you signed this piece of paper about
hours.
That was silly want it?

If people like you ever worked in the real world you'd know that no signing =
no job.

B2003
Old November 26th 04, 02:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

People like me do work in the real world and realise that not signing means
having a better job somewhere else. Plainly this person feels mistreated by
his employer.... There is another option, get a better employer.
om...

Old November 26th 04, 02:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london

So I take it Greg, its not the employees you dislike, its the company that
gives them these terms and conditions of employment. So I'm sure the abuse
and all that they suffer will go away then.

Thanks.

"Greg Hennessy" wrote in message
On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 21:56:43 -0000, "Colin"
wrote:

BTN

You cannot be forced to sign an opt-out - that 'contract' is illegal.

Oh really, they cant be 'forced' to promote one or give decent payrises
either, or be flexible w.r.t working practices either.

Inform them that you are opting back in.

If they try to sack you, pass you over for promotion, or suffer any other
unmerited discrimination you can take them to the cleaners at a tribunal.

That only works with wimmin & public sector wasters.

*No* tube driver is worth 35 grand for a 35 hour week period.

Let alone the BIKs which come with the job.

There again we are talking members of an organisation who threatened to
walk out when a well connected class warrior was fired after being found
drunk behind the wheel of a crashed LU van full of nicked copper.

Not surprisingly 'management' caved in as they always do.

There again, its to be expected in an organisation of time serving
incompetents which takes 12-18 months to bring staff back from paid
maternity leave, all because they allegedly don't have 'the resources' to
process the relevant paperwork.

Of course, if you had a union to back your corner your employer wouldn't
try
this on in the first place.

When you beam back in from the 1970s tell me.

greg

--
There's fighting on the left and marching on the right
Don't look up in the sky, you're gonna die of fright

Old November 26th 04, 02:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I dont think youve been listening Boltar. He doesnt get any extra money and
he doesnt get any extra days off either. The extra days are for Station
Staff. They dont drive trains, they stay on stations.
Oh and I almost forgot, therapy sessions are available should they feel the
need for them. Free.

I think you'll find Government employees have had more strike days than the
tube boys and girls. I am sure you have the figure, so let me know.
If hes right and he gets T+1/3, a lot of them only get T+1/4. My personal
opinion on that is whoever accepted such a small premium should be severley
reprimanded. (I think it was....gasp....Bob Crowe).
Oh dear.....

"Boltar" wrote in message
om...
wrote in message

As a tube driver, my contract is for a 35 hour week and I work an average
36 hour week. I get the extra hour a week they owe me as six banked rest
days. Anything else (such as late running or when a special service is in
operation means enforced overtime on some duties)is overtime at T1/3. If
you choose to work for somewhere that has a different type of contract
then that's your choice.

Gasp. 36 hours a week! You lot are overworked. I hope they provide you
with
comfortable beds at the depots so you can go and lie down and recover
along
with free therapy sessions to cope with such long hours.

No one is saying train driving is the easiest job in the world, but then
its
not the hardest by any means either and it gets up peoples noses when you
lot
get extra money & holiday given to you for doing no extra work, simply
because
if you don't then you thrown all your toys out the pram and go on strike.

So whens next years strike due? Just so we can plan to be on holiday when
it
happens you understand.

B2003

Old November 26th 04, 04:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london
K K is offline

On 26 Nov 2004 04:51:14 -0800, (Boltar) wrote:

If people like you ever worked in the real world you'd know that no signing =
no job.

Err, I was asked if I want to sign this and I refused. Like most
people. We are still working there...
Old November 26th 04, 07:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london
JB JB is offline

"Greg Hennessy" wrote in message
On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 11:19:21 -0000, "JB"

If that is true it's more and more important that the EU makes it
compulsory
and stops this opt out idea.

ROTFL! Meanwhile back on planet earth......

Are you implying that I'm not telling the truth, that this isn't becoming EU
policy?

The more abuses of the current system, the faster the changes will take
place. Then we can all enjoy a shorter week without fear of not getting
promotions, etc.

Or are you implying something else?

Write to your Euro MP with details of these
abuses immediately!

LMAO! Stop you're killing me.

As above, really. Didn't you know this was changing? The more Euro MPs
that can be convinced, citing more abuses, the better of getting it changed.

Old November 26th 04, 09:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 20:40:19 -0000, "JB"
wrote:

Are you implying that I'm not telling the truth, that this isn't becoming EU
policy?

Not in any country with aspirations of economic growth it wont.

The more abuses of the current system, the faster the changes will take
place. Then we can all enjoy a shorter week without fear of not getting
promotions, etc.

ROTFL! Yeah that works really well in europe.

greg