Old December 8th 04, 04:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mitdish Mitdish is offline

Default Direct phone numbers to WAGN stations

From: Rupert Goodwins
Date: 08/12/2004 02:13 GMT

As far as I know, no railway station has a public telephone number any
more. I tried to get Plymouth recently for exactly the same reason,
but was efficiently rebuffed. It's a security matter, apparently, but
what the real story is I'm at a loss to comprehend.

I too am at a loss to comprehend this one. An unattended briefcase arriving at
Hertford North sounds rather like a security matter to me - or are WAGN up for
the local bomb squad carrying out "controlled" explosions on their 313s?