Old December 8th 04, 07:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default London Fares and Product Changes from 2nd January 2005 (LONG)

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 00:03:35 +0000, Dave Arquati wrote:

(snipped long fares info)
WTF!!!!

Does this mean that the majority of in-boundary National Rail stations
(given the exceptions mentioned) will switch to zonal fares? I get the
impression that will be too easy to understand.

Well I read it as a through NR to LU journey that is within the zones
and on an applicable route (!) will be the LU zonal fare for the
appropriate number of zones travelled through. Therefore Battersea Park
to Camden Town will be the U12 fare.

Instead, AIUI, does it just mean that through fares from NR stations in
the same zone (e.g Forest Hill, Wandsworth Common, Kew Bridge) to LU
stations are the same, but the NR price is still additional to the LU
price (e.g. Battersea Park to Baker Street SDS still costs Battersea
Park - Victoria SDS + LU Z1 single, but e.g. South Bermondsey - Moorgate
costs the same total as that).

see above. I believe the arrangement removes fare summation if I've
understood the official text properly.

the question I have is whether the fare from a NR station to another NR
station (on applicable routes) will be the zonal fare or not -
regardless of whether a LU trip is needed or not. I strongly suspect
this will not be the case, which is a huge shame, but perhaps we should
not expect too much too soon. The fare decisions for many people will
become very complex indeed - especially if they start on a non
applicable route. Notice how many of the exclusions relate to National
Express franchises!
--
Paul C