Old December 19th 04, 12:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default Confused TfL website

Richard J. wrote:
Dave Arquati wrote:

On the bus connections information for Heathrow T123 (accessed from
the interactive map), TfL seem to be a bit confused. They have the
N97 listed as serving T123, when it actually only runs Trafalgar
Square to Hammersmith (probably one of the shortest night bus
routes?).

This has led to some destinations being listed as served by the N97
when they're clearly not (e.g. Brentford) and some destinations
listed which *are* served by the N97, but which definitely aren't
served from Heathrow (like West Brompton).

Any ideas what the problem is, and where it might be reported to
TfL?

It seems that the N97 used to run to Heathrow (try Googling for N97
Heathrow), so it's probably just a database entry that hasn't been
updated. I suggest you write to who I believe will
forward such issues to the right quarter. (I would be interested to
know if you get any response.)

Duly written to. There seem to be a lot of websites with outdated N97
information; I had no idea it used to run to Heathrow, and I've been
using it occasionally for about 2 1/2 years. Did it get replaced by an
extended N9 to Heathrow? And does anyone know why it was truncated to
Hammersmith? It's quite an odd route; it's very frequent (every 15 mins)
but not as extensively used as, say, the N9, and is far shorter than any
other night bus route I've seen.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7