Old December 18th 04, 08:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Confused TfL website

On the bus connections information for Heathrow T123 (accessed from the
interactive map), TfL seem to be a bit confused. They have the N97
listed as serving T123, when it actually only runs Trafalgar Square to
Hammersmith (probably one of the shortest night bus routes?).

This has led to some destinations being listed as served by the N97 when
they're clearly not (e.g. Brentford) and some destinations listed which
*are* served by the N97, but which definitely aren't served from
Heathrow (like West Brompton).

Any ideas what the problem is, and where it might be reported to TfL?

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7

Old December 18th 04, 11:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Dave Arquati wrote:
On the bus connections information for Heathrow T123 (accessed from
the interactive map), TfL seem to be a bit confused. They have the
N97 listed as serving T123, when it actually only runs Trafalgar
Square to Hammersmith (probably one of the shortest night bus
routes?).

This has led to some destinations being listed as served by the N97
when they're clearly not (e.g. Brentford) and some destinations
listed which *are* served by the N97, but which definitely aren't
served from Heathrow (like West Brompton).

Any ideas what the problem is, and where it might be reported to
TfL?

It seems that the N97 used to run to Heathrow (try Googling for N97
Heathrow), so it's probably just a database entry that hasn't been
updated. I suggest you write to who I believe will
forward such issues to the right quarter. (I would be interested to
know if you get any response.)
--
Richard J.

Old December 19th 04, 12:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Richard J. wrote:
Dave Arquati wrote:

[...]

Duly written to. There seem to be a lot of websites with outdated N97
information; I had no idea it used to run to Heathrow, and I've been
using it occasionally for about 2 1/2 years. Did it get replaced by an
extended N9 to Heathrow? And does anyone know why it was truncated to
Hammersmith? It's quite an odd route; it's very frequent (every 15 mins)
but not as extensively used as, say, the N9, and is far shorter than any
other night bus route I've seen.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7
Old December 19th 04, 09:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Dave Arquati" wrote in message

There seem to be a lot of websites with outdated N97
information; I had no idea it used to run to Heathrow,

I had no idea it had stopped...

It's quite an odd route; it's very frequent (every 15 mins)
but not as extensively used as, say, the N9, and is far
shorter than any other night bus route I've seen.

It looks like they forgot to slash the frequency when they slashed the main
reason to use it.

Looking at http://www.tfl.gov.uk/buses/spiders/...ndon-night.pdf
, the N97 and the N74 in the Gloucester Rd area appear to use slightly
different routes in one direction, but the same in the other. Is this
correct, and if it is, I wonder why? If the routes are run from the same
garage, it must be hard for the drivers to remember which way to go.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old December 19th 04, 10:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london

John Rowland wrote:
"Dave Arquati" wrote in message

There seem to be a lot of websites with outdated N97
information; I had no idea it used to run to Heathrow,

I had no idea it had stopped...

It's quite an odd route; it's very frequent (every 15 mins)
but not as extensively used as, say, the N9, and is far
shorter than any other night bus route I've seen.

It looks like they forgot to slash the frequency when they slashed the main
reason to use it.

Looking at http://www.tfl.gov.uk/buses/spiders/...ndon-night.pdf
, the N97 and the N74 in the Gloucester Rd area appear to use slightly
different routes in one direction, but the same in the other. Is this
correct, and if it is, I wonder why? If the routes are run from the same
garage, it must be hard for the drivers to remember which way to go.

I don't think this is correct, and yes I've noticed it on the bus map
too! Right turns at the Gloucester Road/Cromwell Road junction are
banned, as they are at the Queen's Gate/Cromwell Road junction. The turn
into Queensberry Place, however, is permitted; that's why the 74 goes
that way.

The N97 would have to make a banned turn to serve Gloucester Road tube
station. Unfortunately I've never actually caught an eastbound N97, and
I've never seen any making the mystery turn when getting off a westbound
one! The stop opposite Gloucester Road station used to have N97 listed
as the routes serving it, but doesn't appear to any more... it's very odd!

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7