Old December 20th 04, 08:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Nigel Pendse Nigel Pendse is offline

Default 4th rail south of queens park towards euston

"Boltar" wrote in message
oups.com
PhilD wrote:
The 4th rail goes as far (more or less) as Kilburn High Road. LU has
emergency access rights over this stretch, but I'm led to believe
that the 4th rail isn't in situ for the whole stretch. I am also
led to believe that a battery electric loco sometimes runs to/from
Kilburn High Road some nights.

Hope this is of interest.

Cheers. Wonder if they had ever considered running tube trains into
Euston station itself..... Now theres a thought.

I seem to recall that such a plan was proposed, but I don't remember
what happened to the idea.