Old January 5th 05, 10:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Helen Deborah Vecht Helen Deborah Vecht is offline

Default 43% Increase

"?uzzled" typed

What's with all these news reports of on average 4% increase across the
London network ? I wished.

The bus saver tickets used to be 6 for £4.20 (70p each). Now at 6 for £6
that's an increase of nearly 43%. What's that ? A 21 fold increase above
inflation ?

Yebbut I used my Oyster PrePay to go from Preston Road to Uxbridge and
back, as I have a regular weekly evening commitment in Uxbridge.

Last year I was paying £1.70 each way. I waited until _just_ after 7pm
and paid 1.30 each way, so that's a 30% drop...

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.