Old January 5th 05, 05:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default 43% Increase

What's with all these news reports of on average 4% increase across the
London network ? I wished.

The bus saver tickets used to be 6 for £4.20 (70p each). Now at 6 for £6
that's an increase of nearly 43%. What's that ? A 21 fold increase above
inflation ?

Old January 5th 05, 10:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"?uzzled" typed

What's with all these news reports of on average 4% increase across the
London network ? I wished.

The bus saver tickets used to be 6 for £4.20 (70p each). Now at 6 for £6
that's an increase of nearly 43%. What's that ? A 21 fold increase above
inflation ?

Yebbut I used my Oyster PrePay to go from Preston Road to Uxbridge and
back, as I have a regular weekly evening commitment in Uxbridge.

Last year I was paying £1.70 each way. I waited until _just_ after 7pm
and paid 1.30 each way, so that's a 30% drop...

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old January 6th 05, 08:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Helen Deborah Vecht" wrote in message

Yebbut I used my Oyster PrePay to go from Preston Road to Uxbridge and
back, as I have a regular weekly evening commitment in Uxbridge.

Last year I was paying £1.70 each way. I waited until _just_ after 7pm
and paid 1.30 each way, so that's a 30% drop...

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

Is that on the tube ? So are the buses going to be subsidising the rest of
the network ?

Ken claims the buses have seen the most improvements, hence the price hike,
so why am I still standing part way of my journey to and from work ? I
reckon it's to pay for those bendy buses and those people who get on through
the middle and back doors that haven't paid.

I didn't get a 43% pay rise last year and I'm absolutely, 100% sure I'm not
going to get that this year either (if at all)

Old January 7th 05, 03:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 18:58:43 -0000, "?uzzled" wrote:

What's with all these news reports of on average 4% increase across the
London network ? I wished.

The bus saver tickets used to be 6 for £4.20 (70p each). Now at 6 for £6
that's an increase of nearly 43%. What's that ? A 21 fold increase above
inflation ?

My Zone 2-3 Monthly Travelcard has theoretically gone up from £48 to
£50 - about a 4.17% increase

But thanks to the rubbish sevices from the NR TOC I use, I still pay
less than the 2004 price - £47.50 to be exact.

--
Cheers,

Jason.
Old January 7th 05, 10:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

?uzzled wrote:
What's with all these news reports of on average 4% increase across the
London network ? I wished.

The bus saver tickets used to be 6 for ?4.20 (70p each). Now at 6 for ?6
that's an increase of nearly 43%. What's that ? A 21 fold increase above
inflation ?

And just try finding a cost-effective replacement ticket
for the mysteriously vanished weekend travelcard...

#Paul

Old January 10th 05, 11:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 23:45:33 +0000,
wrote:

And just try finding a cost-effective replacement ticket
for the mysteriously vanished weekend travelcard...

Borrow a child and buy a Family Travelcard?

--
Cheers,

Jason.