Old January 14th 05, 12:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Colin Colin is offline

Default Red buses

"Ian Jelf" wrote in message
In message , Nick
writes
Yes, I know lots of Freedom pass owners, many of whom drive and never use
it; of the rest, most just use the local buses (local as in
Bexley/Bromley/Dartford/Woolwich).

I would be very interested to see the newspaper reaction if it was
announced tomorrow that Freedom passes were to be replaced by Bexley +
Bluewater only passes for holders living in Bexley.......

:-))

Kingston and Heathrow
I don't think pensioners in Bexley have much interest or inclination to
travel to either of those places ;-)

Not even Heathrow?

Ah, that's interesting and I didn't know that - not valid beyond Dartford
for Bluewater by bus? I am quite surprised at that. I am sure pensioners
around here would love to stay on the 96 to Bluewater and not be chucked
off
at Dartford.

I know you're only using a figure of speech but they're not in any sense
"chucked off"; they merely have to pay a fare from the boundary!

This is one of those strange things as mentioned a London freedom pass
holder may only travel as far as Dartford, yet
a KCC half fare permit holder may travel at half fare all the way to
Woolwich.