Old January 14th 05, 12:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Red buses

"Ian Jelf" wrote in message
In message , Nick
writes
Yes, I know lots of Freedom pass owners, many of whom drive and never use
it; of the rest, most just use the local buses (local as in
Bexley/Bromley/Dartford/Woolwich).

I would be very interested to see the newspaper reaction if it was
announced tomorrow that Freedom passes were to be replaced by Bexley +
Bluewater only passes for holders living in Bexley.......

:-))

Kingston and Heathrow
I don't think pensioners in Bexley have much interest or inclination to
travel to either of those places ;-)

Not even Heathrow?

Ah, that's interesting and I didn't know that - not valid beyond Dartford
for Bluewater by bus? I am quite surprised at that. I am sure pensioners
around here would love to stay on the 96 to Bluewater and not be chucked
off
at Dartford.

I know you're only using a figure of speech but they're not in any sense
"chucked off"; they merely have to pay a fare from the boundary!

This is one of those strange things as mentioned a London freedom pass
holder may only travel as far as Dartford, yet
a KCC half fare permit holder may travel at half fare all the way to
Woolwich.

Old January 14th 05, 06:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Colin
writes

This is one of those strange things as mentioned a London freedom pass
holder may only travel as far as Dartford, yet a KCC half fare permit
holder may travel at half fare all the way to Woolwich.

That's not uncommon with surrounding shire counties of several
Metropolitan areas.

For example, Centro's (very generous) scheme in the West Midlands cuts
off very firmly at the West Midlands boundary. However, passes for
Staffordshire, Worcestershire and Warwickshire allow (much less
generous) travel into the West Midlands county, so that people from -
say_ Warwick can go all the way to Coventry or Cannock all the way in
to Walsall.

They might even allow travel all the way into Birmingham, I'm not
certain.
--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK

http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk

Wot is the bussiest route on red buses in London with in M25 barry.irwin1 London Transport 6 September 5th 05 10:44 PM
Red buses Tony Wilson London Transport 0 January 11th 05 06:50 AM
Reduce Traffic - Turn left on a RED Rajesh Kakad \(BT\) London Transport 93 August 16th 04 07:15 AM
Red route parking bays Fossil London Transport 5 December 3rd 03 10:52 AM
RED CJG London Transport 3 August 28th 03 11:33 AM