Old January 24th 05, 07:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Guy Perry Guy Perry is offline

Default LUL Drivers Work to Rule

Paul Weaver wrote:

I do a job which I was suited for after going to uni and spending 3 years
of my life running up £15,000 or debt. It pays a lot less then an
underground driver, but OTOH I didn't start when I was 18 and end up fully
trained on £30k by the time I was 20. Instead I took the long expensive
road in the hope of brighter carrer prospects in the future. I also put a
lot of free time into keeping my skills sharp so I have workforce
mobility.

See, and then _you_ do have the prospect of increasing salary until you
retire. For the traindrivers it is these 30k throughout their
workinglife - apart from paydeals their unions worked out.

Not to forget that some people simply don't have the chance of attending
uni.