Old February 4th 05, 08:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Rupert Candy Rupert Candy is offline

Default 'Digital' cameras on Upper Thames St (20mph zone) in City?

Bonzo wrote:
Southwark Bridge was considered a white elephant when it opened - I
thought it was a bit busier now.

According to an "article" in that rag Metro yesterday, Southwark Bridge
is the least busiest of all the Central London bridges, and
(accordingly?) the safest for cyclists. (Incidentally, it's my bridge
of choice on the rare occasions that I drive into the City from home -
it's almost always empty because nobody knows how to get to it either
from the northern or southern ends...)

Queen Street is blocked for the same reason that most other accesses
to the City are blocked. It's part of the 'Ring of Steel' to stop the
IRA making too much noise.

Exactly so. It used to be quite a bit busier when it led straight up to
Bank.