Old February 10th 05, 06:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
David Jackman David Jackman is offline

Default Oyster Capping announced by BBC

"Graham J" wrote in
:

Would there be any point in loading a one day Travelcard (say zones
1-4) onto an Oyster card on a day when I need it, or might I just as
well carry on buying paper tickets?

You can't actually load a one day travelcard onto an Oyster. Although
I'd find it useful myself I can see why they never bothered with it as
it is just as easy to hand you a paper ticket.

G.

Is this one of the things that will change on Feb 27th? Or does capping
limit pre-pay deductions to the cost of a travelcard but not actually
create a travelcard (and thus not valid on national rail unless you could
use pre-pay for the journey you are making)?

I hope the lack of information on offical tfl sites does not mean the
details are still being worked out...

David