Old February 25th 05, 10:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Terry Harper Terry Harper is offline

Default Thameslink northbound service to Blackfriars this morning (Fri 25th Feb)

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 23:22:26 +0000, Chris Tolley
wrote:

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 19:42:18 -0000, Martin J
wrote:
My wife reports a complete fiasco of service today.

Perhaps she means a complete farce. A fiasco was originally just a bit
of posh Venetian glassware that didn't turn out perfectly, but was still
good enough to sell as a 'second'.

My late father-in-law used to refer to me, before I married his
daughter, as "Our lass's fiasco".

Maybe I should have read more into his deliberate malapropism.
--
Terry Harper
http://www.terry.harper.btinternet.co.uk