Old February 25th 05, 07:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Thameslink northbound service to Blackfriars this morning (Fri 25th Feb)

My wife reports a complete fiasco of service today.
Any one know what went on?
Thanks,
Martin.

Old February 25th 05, 10:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 19:42:18 -0000, Martin J wrote:
My wife reports a complete fiasco of service today.
Any one know what went on?
Thanks,
Martin.

"Services to and from London Bridge are subject to delays, short
running and cancellations due to severe weather" announcement at
Brockley station this morning. Well there was 4cm of snow and it was
actually snowing but it doesnt quite fit my criteria for the end
of civilization as we know it.

--
Martin
Old February 25th 05, 11:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:
My wife reports a complete fiasco of service today.

Perhaps she means a complete farce. A fiasco was originally just a bit
of posh Venetian glassware that didn't turn out perfectly, but was still
good enough to sell as a 'second'.

--
http://gallery120232.fotopic.net/p12161563.html
(Red Parcels Bubble 55995 at London Liverpool Street in 1991)
Old February 25th 05, 11:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:
My wife reports a complete fiasco of service today.

Perhaps she means a complete farce. A fiasco was originally just a bit
of posh Venetian glassware that didn't turn out perfectly, but was still
good enough to sell as a 'second'.

My late father-in-law used to refer to me, before I married his
daughter, as "Our lass's fiasco".

Maybe I should have read more into his deliberate malapropism.
--
Terry Harper
http://www.terry.harper.btinternet.co.uk

Virgin Train Travel on Mon 25th May 2015 Recliner[_3_] London Transport 3 May 22nd 15 05:24 AM
Massive Disruption at Paddington - ALL day Thurs / Fri CJB London Transport 39 December 24th 12 03:08 AM
50% off HEx tickets - must book by midnight tonight (Fri 12 Nov) Mizter T London Transport 14 November 15th 10 12:54 PM
Old cars or bikes wtd for Primrose Hill Summer Festival, Saturday 25th June 2005 [email protected] London Transport 1 April 26th 05 03:53 PM
Later Tubes on Fri & Sat [email protected] London Transport 19 March 10th 05 10:57 PM