Old February 28th 05, 09:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london
E. Zackatackali E. Zackatackali is offline

Default Fantasy bus routes

If you had the power to add/change/remove bus routes, what would you do?

There would be four changes I would make:

1. 35 - Shoreditch to Clapham Junction. I'd extend the Shoreditch end to run
to Hackney Central and truncate the Clapham Junction at Brixton. So there
would now be a link between South London and Hackney.

2. 345 - Peckham to South Kensington. I'd reroute this at Brixton so that it
runs along the route of the changed 35 to Clapham Junction

3. 197 - Norwood Junction - East Croydon. I can't see the point of such a
short route. I'd extend this to Thornton Heath.

4. 80 - Hackbridge to Belmont. This is one crazy route which meanders all
over the place - a shame, since Sutton seems to have very few links to
anywhere. I'd keep the section from Belmont to Sutton, then reroute the rest
of the route via the route of the 407 up to Purley Way, then the route of
the 289 up to Thornton Heath, then the route of the 109 up to Streatham.