Old March 2nd 05, 08:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
James James is offline

Default SWT improves punctuality to 90%

Clive Coleman wrote in message ...
In message , James
writes
Worse still, I've been on trains which have sat around for a minute and
a half at Earlsfield. Not long ago, half the trains wouldn't even have
stopped there.

I get a mini-bus an hour if I'm lucky, yet you moan.

The dynamics of an urban railway are very different to that of running
a transport service in the boondocks. The problem is that SWT are
forced to try and operate like a country railway within the urban
section. They should be allowed, like LUL, to run a metro service with
15-20 second stops and simply getting on with it. Otherwise, they will
deserve a reputation for being slow.