Old March 15th 05, 01:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Tube line to Hayes?

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005, John Rowland wrote:

"Larry Lard" wrote in message
oups.com...
woodman wrote:

I overheard someone the other evening talking about a planned new
tube extension running from one of the Ruislip stations in a loop
down to Hayes.

Can't see anything like this at http://www.alwaystouchout.com OR at
John Rowland's site so as far as I'm concerned that means it doesn't
exist

Actually, about 5 years ago Hillingdon Council were talking about
extending the Piccadilly Line from Uxbridge (sic) to Heathrow. AFAIK it
never made it into any published documents. I don't know what route was
considered, but running via Hayes couldn't make the scheme any more
implausible than it already was.

Is it so implausible? I don't know about Hayes, but couldn't they just run
a loop round Ealing Common depot?

tom

--
this place would be a paradise tomorrow if every department had a supervisor with a sub-machine gun