Old March 14th 05, 09:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Tube line to Hayes?

I overheard someone the other evening talking about a planned new tube
extension running from one of the Ruislip stations in a loop down to
Hayes.
Sorry if I've missed any earlier discussion on this (my server has
dropped its Usenet facility which means I'm reaching this group by an
unfamiliar route). Does anyone have more info about this?

Old March 14th 05, 03:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

woodman wrote:
I overheard someone the other evening talking about a planned new

tube
extension running from one of the Ruislip stations in a loop down to
Hayes.
Sorry if I've missed any earlier discussion on this (my server has
dropped its Usenet facility which means I'm reaching this group by an
unfamiliar route). Does anyone have more info about this?

Can't see anything like this at http://www.alwaystouchout.com OR at
John Rowland's site so as far as I'm concerned that means it doesn't
exist Not thinking of the proposed tram stuff around that neck of
the woods, are you?

--
Larry Lard
Replies to group please

Old March 15th 05, 03:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Larry Lard" wrote in message
oups.com...
woodman wrote:

I overheard someone the other evening talking
about a planned new tube extension running from
one of the Ruislip stations in a loop down to Hayes.

Who is "someone"? Where did you hear this?

Can't see anything like this at http://www.alwaystouchout.com
OR at John Rowland's site so as far as I'm concerned that
means it doesn't exist

Actually, about 5 years ago Hillingdon Council were talking about extending
the Piccadilly Line from Uxbridge (sic) to Heathrow. AFAIK it never made it
into any published documents. I don't know what route was considered, but
running via Hayes couldn't make the scheme any more implausible than it
already was.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old March 15th 05, 02:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005, John Rowland wrote:

"Larry Lard" wrote in message
oups.com...
woodman wrote:

I overheard someone the other evening talking about a planned new
tube extension running from one of the Ruislip stations in a loop
down to Hayes.

Can't see anything like this at http://www.alwaystouchout.com OR at
John Rowland's site so as far as I'm concerned that means it doesn't
exist

Actually, about 5 years ago Hillingdon Council were talking about
extending the Piccadilly Line from Uxbridge (sic) to Heathrow. AFAIK it
never made it into any published documents. I don't know what route was
considered, but running via Hayes couldn't make the scheme any more
implausible than it already was.

Is it so implausible? I don't know about Hayes, but couldn't they just run
a loop round Ealing Common depot?

tom

--
this place would be a paradise tomorrow if every department had a supervisor with a sub-machine gun

Old March 15th 05, 05:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Tom Anderson" wrote in message
On Tue, 15 Mar 2005, John Rowland wrote:

Actually, about 5 years ago Hillingdon Council were
talking about extending the Piccadilly Line from
Uxbridge (sic) to Heathrow. AFAIK it never made it
into any published documents. I don't know what
route was considered, but running via Hayes couldn't
make the scheme any more implausible than it already was.

Is it so implausible? I don't know about Hayes, but
couldn't they just run a loop round Ealing Common depot?

They were talking about a direct-ish new build route from Uxbridge to
Heathrow.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old March 16th 05, 10:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Who is "someone"? Where did you hear this?

Gosh, sounds like I'm being interrogated!

"Someone" was a woman whom I don't know, and would not recognise again,
talking to a bus driver (surely in breach of travelling regulations),
the conversation took place on a bus.

Aah! No, not the thumbscrew!

It was late at night, somewhere in the London Borough of Hillingdon.
I didn't realise the information was "classified".
She did say she had heard the information from her Mum.
Honest.
No, I don't know her Mum's name either.
Hope this does not mean all middle-aged female staff being brought in
and interrogated. I didn't mean to start anything...